Monday, November 26, 2007

The Lord my Sherpherd

We were suppose to have cell group on saturday as usual...turns out josh messaged that we will proceed for Uncle Micheal's dad's funeral wake..my mind was like "why not?"

It's a little inappropriate for me, cos i was in like shorts, and a green shirt that remined people aobut cambodia having land mines..Of course you go there not to be concern about that..it's to support the family, to gather as God' family and strengthen everyone..God use the weak to lead the strong, and Jesus comforts the weak too(:


Psalms 23 : The Lord's my sherpherd....

SAng and read it the song, these words are really meaningful..Thank GOd for his wise words..Speaking to people through his word

It was encouraging to hear the daughter, Sam and the daughter, Veronica sharing about their dad's life..I mean it's really brave to stand their and speak and keep your composure in front of people..he was person who sold bread at Hong Lim Park, waking up at 3am(which i think most people just goes to sleep) and sold till about 10 am before going home to rest...saving up money to start is own small business in dentistry...and saving up more money to buy a nice house...which he sold to let the daughter to go for further study..WOW, what an advocate for education...like my Maternal side, where my Big Aunt went to take her degree in something that had to do with chemistry i think...I think they braved away from social stigma of females not able to go school, let alone till university...Taught me about being thankful for the opportunity to study! and the courage for the son, Sam to share his faith with the dad, i mean that's brave right...he said ," I mean, you want your love ones to join you in heaven right?" Yeah, you want the people that you love, care for, treasure to believe and be saved right?
Do we have to be afraid?NO!

Well, I also learnt and got reminded, why do people wait till the person leave the world and then you tell the person?Well, my mum says "then what do you call a memorial service for?" Cos i watched Tuesdays with Morrie...reminded me of his 'Live Funeral' before he got worse.
We need not wait for people to be going home to the Lord then we start to think about the nice things he/ she does...we can do it now(:

Well the wife, Ah MA, which i usually call grandmas that, she was a nice ah ma(:
i think she wil be quite sad,Your spouse, life partner for i think it was 66 years!wow...so i went over to talk to her, in my own Jaocb way, which was to take the sweet and give one to her, then just sit there and listen to her..well half of the time I'm like trying to understand what she's trying to say...I think Pamela said she's hainaniness....which i don't speak..and you know older generation, they can speak everything and anything, from hokkien, teochew(which i'm suppose to learn more,haha),malay, cantonese..hmm oh, chinese!

i think she was trying to speak hokkien, until she asked me waht dialect group i'm from..."wa xi teo chew nang" means 'I'm Teochew"
You teochew?nowadays young people can't speak ar!"
"yaaa, learning learning"
The conversation of chinese, teochew, hokien..Ah Ma's trying to impress me that most of her granchildren are in University, with Pamela observing how I use broken dialect and with my 'orrhh's and '"what did you say?"...I had a good laugh..haha(:

Which i have been, my paternal ah ma like going to go/:Should learn more and talk to her in that, sharing with her the good news?

It took place when Amanda just left for AME. Personally, I would be like scratching my head ovre this one...How will I react?Well , the decision lies in the heart, God speaks to your heart(:

Thank God for the Time spent to bless people and be blessed(:

No comments: