Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Listening to the Lord

Today's 21th November, well yesterday early morning, this group of young people from the churches of Christ left for a 2 week Asian Mission Exposure Trip..so cool, well, I can't go for such a trip now cos this is not the time. But I always get excited when people fly off, especially to the Asian countries.Hope I can go up and experience what many have always talked about when they return.It's ok..Perhaps next year after my school ends and I re-take my napfa to not go into the army too early!haha

I want to be reminded of God's blessing(:
As I made up my mind to get dinner from the stall at the cofffee shop, a serving of "grain-tea" rice or "Lei-cha Fan", which is really nice, with a bowl of tea soup with other ingredients, i think.acquired taste for mayn people..

So i went up, asked her, hmmm,apparently she is about to close..lol, opps alittle too late.."arhh?mai wan le ar?" (means ahh?all sold for the night?)
so i saw 2 styrofoam boxes on the table near her stall, so i pointed there and in my broken chinese..this is how the rest follows.....

ME: Pointing to the 2 boxes, is that for sale?how much for that?
Aunty: the reply was, "well, you needed to pay jsut now, but now i offer it to you free"

Wow!I kinda surprised.it was very nice of her,
I mean i got to pay right?
Me: "I insist on paying"
Aunty: "When you come tomrrow morning, I will tell you how much it cost."
"it's ok, please accept it, added her fillial son.

Went back and cooked it a little while more...oh, it's not something on her daily menu...
just leftover ingredienst aht she cooked with some egg and lots of garlic..The taste is alright i must say, But the taste wasn't the thing.
It was the act of giving...Wow, feel so blessed(:

ehh, this is a late picture of my ah ma's birthday!Shall post this 1st, will make time during this week to do the rest!
Tall, Taller, Tallest! And my Dear Ah Ma from Ang Mo Kio(:

No comments: