Thursday, September 6, 2007

DAY 2 at Children Minitries' Conference

Today, i made my self wake up earlier...yay!but I walked down 6 stories down my block, realised i didn't bring my wallet & glasses. So by thte time I took the train, it was about 8.05am. This time i looked out for the Queue at Bedok for bus 14, short queue, so the bus must have left, I will have to wait for a long time..I quickly went over to take 196 or 197....I was a little earlier, well 9.30am, so was in time for the devotion that started at 9am...The group from the City Harvert Children's Church led worship. There was this song,I think it went, "and forever i wil ...."It helped me remember about GOd being eternal for us..Thank GOD(:

Thank you Constance for reminding me that i should more on the things i wrote on my blog...Hmm, I think

Session 1: Creative Teaching & Curriculum
Speaker: Patrick Phoon
Adapting the Basic Framework of a Sunday School Curriculum was the objective of this workshop session. What were learning points in this workshop? The teaching methods the HBLT process, was very good and made sense. Apart from using God's Word, The Holy Bible as the main thing to share with children, we will hve to bring the truth to life, that is applying leraning points derive from the verses that we study.

Session 2: Clown & Puppets: they do mix
Speaker: June Previtt
Ms June was not there..hmm, strange...because StarBurst was there....well the confusing thing that I'm about to tell you is that StarBurst is June & June is StarBurst. When you are 'in-character', you are 'out-of-yourself' and 'into character'. That's the amazing..Don't ruin it for the children, this is about "The reality and illusion". Seeing the clown, I wonder, will I be able to do that? I got to try right?
-Finding the Hidden Clown in you-

Session 3: Growing you Children's Ministry
Speaker: Eileen Toh

This lady is from City Harvest Church..we had a worship session before we started. I think that was good in a way she makes it a point to have worship before we go into worship, very different from the other speakers so far, different personalities. P. Eileen was introducing to us that vistation to te children on a weekly basis had helped in growing the children's church!
The thing i could do now is to know my children better, and the older ones, get their MSN and talk to them about spiritual things, encouraging them. That would be a good start at least....

Session 4: Creative Object Lessons
Speaker: Patrick Phoon

For te last woorshop today, I decided to sit in front, way in front...Using objects to teach biblical truths and the lessons behind those objects. Uncle Patrick used simploe things like an unsharpened pencil, 2 people facing each other, and one person holds on to the pencil above the other person's head. that person with the pencil had to drop it and the person had to catch it. Te lesson was about God knowing our strengths & weaknesses & with Jesus, he will remove our doubts & catch it with connfidence. That was 1 of the examples th he gave...hmm , but for this one i still odn't quite understnad...maybe i will ask him again tomrrow..This workshop is interesting in a way that we use daily objects to teach biblical truths. The main thing is the turth, not the object....Must remember that. Finally , we broker into groups, then i got to know other people from other churches(though did't ask for their churches though). Another learning point was that to work as a team is better in coming up with the ideas for out objects to use...which is quite true. IWth one person, you can only do so much, wouldn't it be better that a dedicated team of people came together, communicated with one another and did it?
I have to learn about that.
After the conference, i went to Parkway Parade to meet Constance's mum, who is the overseeer for the children's ministry at World Revival Prayer Fellowship church. Was telling her my plans, wanted her to know, and ask her for any feedback that she had regarding my plans....Things to prepare tomrrow for sunday!

Will make an effort to be early,(giving respect to God & yourself too), take pictures with the speakers! perhaps buy something that will benefit the children's minitstry at my church!

- This is the Day that the Lord Made- (:

No comments: