Monday, October 4, 2010

Mothers. Mother-in-laws

Watching an excerpt of Mrs Lee Kuan Yew's life was like I knew her yet I didn't sort of feeling.
And watching her silently at public appearances & the bond they shared was just 'awww', hilarious how they care&joke with each other..touching(:
63 years of lives spent together.

A short conversation about what dos and dont's for woman during confinement with my mother spanned a long list of tips to ensure 'wind' don't enter the woman's body after giving birth.
The trusty ginger,dried pomelo skin +ginger+lemon grass for bathing, black chicken soup, water boiled with logan as her main fluids, some brandy thingy she drank.

The tedious duty my ah ma had to undertake caring for 3 of us living a floor below last time.
& all the nonsense i can remember she put up with me as a michievous child.

Thankful for these 2 women in my life(:

A quote from MM Lee,
"in western culture, you marry the woman you love, in eastern culture, you love the woman you marry..." followed by laughter from the crowd:)

No comments: