Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Crocodile Dock '09

"I don't need to worry cos My God is always here"


That's just one phrase in a song that the kids had to remind them to FEAR NOT! for GOD is here with us.

The last week I was part of a team conducting children's camp/Vacation Bible School[VBS]..
I am thankful for the 2 1/2 days that i manage to spend there...

I was blessed with a group of workers who were dedicated to ensure the children's time was well spent safely(:
the relationships between the children, crew leaders just connected everywhere through the activities they were doing, the sleeping in dorms sure added to the excitement with lots of them spending their 1st nights out without parents.
of course the guardian in each dorm ensured orderly especially my bunk with younger children. need to make sure they are woken up to use the toilet before continuing their sleep:
All of it would not have been possible without HIS providence(:

This year I was tasked with games, I asked God and reminded myself, " make sure the game reinforces the learning point for the session."

With that in mind, Ryan, Vernon & myself implemented the games.
It as been a previlage for me to have worked with these 2 individuals, they used their talents & abilities to serve our children.
With Ryan having to leave us cos of classes on Monday and Tuesday, after the 1st session,
vernon & myself went on with the rest of the sessions

I thank God for the synergy of suggestions&Vernon staying up with me to run through what we need to do for the following day.It was tiring but what's tiring when you see the children having fun Completing, Competing themselves in friendlies(guys versus girls always seem to motivate them to move faster:p)

Just going back, listening to Jordan my brother, cousins talking about camp camp camp, the bonding games the crew leaders play before sleeping,singing the songs, refreshing my mind with scenes of children & crew leaders interacting with one another, friendships forge leaves me 'WOW'

are we game for next year?:P
rest up 1st and we shall debrief to share in preparation for next year!

Its chalet@Safra this weekend, another time to spend with family
Have a wonderful week my friends & people who are going up to Church Camp(:

No comments: