Friday, March 27, 2009

Fasting


Food, Food , Food!
i'm like eating lots of it, but my exercise regime has like not been lots of it...

especially when the aunty at the cookhouse asks me after scooping a ladle of rice onto my plate," Boy, enough?" first look at it doesn't seem much and I end up asking for the "abit more please?"

This week I went on a involuntary fast from dinner, cos people at my building left late. As duty personal with my duty buddy, we waited. First thought was, "huhh, no dinner ar?"
Pondering over it, decided to ask someone to get like a bottle of milk tea before gastric juices start churning in my tummy.
didn't come to pass.

Been reminded of that one day past week that I was called to fast, to just want to hunger for the God's word more.

SO that evening, instead of hungering for food(realising just how many advertisements there were on food that one night), I feasted on HIS word instead.
I thank GOd for the opportunity to do so.
in my days, I want to begin to 'fast' away from things that seem to ever easily distract like FOOD and feast on things that HE want to share with me, MORE & MORE


No comments: