Monday, May 12, 2008

!st Day of school

-super-'visors'-
Thank God that I have begun work. Am a relief teacher at Pioneer Primary school for this week, & the administrator informed that she would need me to relief for another week.

Pioneer Primary is now in my primary school's old building, which brought back much nostalgia of the whole environment.
Entered my Primary 6 & Primary 1 classroom, recognised my seat, now from a teacher's point of view. It was good to return and look at all these things.

The children today varied in their personalities. Come classes were more calm than others, had to raise my voice a little, looking at other teachers, the inside of me I was thinking (is this the monster that is manifesting?Do i need to react this way?)

Was with a P.4 class for their napfa test, asking them about how did they fair was a good way to break the ice amongst them. Logistically challenging as you bring them from place to place, 2 lines usually become snakey, haha.
Learning from my first day of relief teaching, I want to make my time with the children a memorable one for them. Since exams just ended last week, why not play some games with them:p
A friend shared this with me:
"Learn about the kids, tap on their strengths and give them opportuniies to use those gifts that they have."
Indeed I will!Thanks Shron:D

Lots of people's week are mentions lots of stress, lots of work,wann encourage everyone with this simple verse from Nehimiah
"for the joy of the Lord is my strength"
Thank God for the week ahead!Take care everyone(:

No comments: