Monday, May 10, 2010

Unity in Prayer

In unison the children and young people resounded in the song from Celine Dion's
"Because you Loved me"
as we said Happy Mother's Day to our Mothers at church.
The pureness of the children's voices, the 1 voice that gathered from all the many voices singing

" You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me "

No matter how old I get, remember my parents have done for all of us(:

In this past week, from what I understood,
Aunty Cassandra who has been battling cancer for the longest period of time
was about to leave to return to the Lord like really soon.

Personally, yes, I will rejoice that a daughter of God is returning to HIS arms,
but its just the thoughts of
children with the eventual absence of their mother,
a husband's loss of a soulmate that pushes me to say, "Lord, I ask for you to heal her?"

I'm just asking GOD to be GOD and do what HE needs to do,
and this son of yours to commit to prayer & fixing my eyes on Him through this process,
praising HIS name, thanking HIM.

I thank God for her presence, even before she had a relapse in the condition.
I remember the times when she is in Singapore for treatment,
and her youngest daughter comes to Kaboom Worship, with seperation anxiety concerns on some sundays right before we begin.
With the "see you later mummy", both mother and child move to their different venues, main auditorium & Kaboom Worship Hall, reuniting at the end of the session with smiles on their faces once again

Or when a group of us visited her when she became less mobile due to the swelling in the legs from the treatment, she still uplifted, doing her best to be a good host, laughing, maintaining that positive outlook.
Turning to her saying,
" I'm waiting for you to come pick Wesleigh up from Kaboom."

something along the lines of "sure, sure I will" she replied

Let's continue to pray & ask HIM for HIS will be passed(:
Have a blessed week my friends


No comments: