Tuesday, December 16, 2008

POP Loh!

-Your Son Graduated from BMT-
POP LOH! It's the common 'shout-out' in most recruits from BMT. it means you done your 24km March around Tekong & your Grad March a.k.a Pass-out Parade.

Waking at 4am, heared a voice telling us to get up. I opened my eyes to a room that was still dark. That was strange because, my mates will usually get up earlier than me to turn on the lights which signals my turn to wake up. SO i dashed to the switch, 'ra-ra' the guys to get up and change and that was the last time I saw my Bunk and room. Thank God, It was our officier's good intention of waking us up earlier so that we don't snowball time of moving out for the 24k.
Finally reaching the end point, it was adrenaline pumped into your blood again after the march as we saw landmarks. Marching into the parade square as someone in the contingent instead of the people in the band playing the music was indeed a First for me.

These 3 Months, God has shown me his Goodness, his promises, his wisdom & strength. He taught me to trust Him more. especially when rain seems to wanna fall anytime, but He holds the rain time after time. The relationship, when it comes to raining goes to a deeper level, don't know how to explain in technical terms but it does. Goes back to the days I spent in Thailand. Preparing for the Hmong Lao Refugee Outreach [www.newlifeoutreach.blogspot.com], or spending the night with a campfire outreach for the Hmong Thai Children from the village.
That experiences made me grew a little microscopic bit with God, and there is this joy after I watch HIM move through the situation.

He showed me humility, not comparing yourselves to others especially physical fitness wise but instead focus on your training & help those who might be in need of the extra 'push' for training.

He Gave me the strength&courage to march on even if it was Heavy Rain pattering on my helmet, and lightning that seemingly makes me the most prominent conductor after trees in the field, when running seems to exhaust you already&the many days out in fieldcamp.

He Showed me the many stars in the sky at night in the forest that reminded me of how powerful HE was more than I thought.
Leopard 2 Section3
-Shao Yong & Me--Qi Fan& Me--Darrick & Me--Narrator says, "Presenting to you the Traaaaained Soldiers!"-

I am gonna miss my days in army. Especially 'with my rifle, & my buddy and Me".

1 comment:

kt said...

congrats recruit! errr, now what are you huh?